Lasik in Brookhaven, GA
Is LASIK right for you? At Brookleigh Family Eyecare we’re happy to help you decide if this innovative eye surgery is appropriate for your vision needs and goals. Our Brookhaven optometrist team provides essential peri-operative care to ensure LASIK candidates get the most out of their procedure.
LASIK Surgery Support with Our Brookhaven Optometrist Team
LASIK stands for “Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis.” It is an outpatient surgical procedure that takes only about 10 to 15 minutes per eye!
During LASIK surgery, an experienced ophthalmologist uses a specialized ultraviolet laser to re-shape the cornea—the thin dome-shaped tissue over the colored part of the eye. Re-shaping the cornea changes the way light enters the eye so that it properly focuses on the retina.
The result? Improved eyesight even without corrective eyewear!
LASIK is considered a safe and effective vision-correcting procedure. Like any surgery, there’s a small chance of risks, such as dry eyes or impaired nighttime vision. By evaluating your vision and medical history, our Brookhaven optometrist team can help you minimize your risk of complications, manage your expectations, and give you the peace of mind you need before undergoing this procedure.
Who is LASIK For?
Anyone over the age of 18 with the following characteristics are generally considered a good candidate for LASIK eye surgery:
- Mild to moderate astigmatism, nearsightedness, or farsightedness
- Stable vision for at least one year and a corrective eyewear prescription that’s not too strong
- Good health without underlying eye conditions, such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, keratoconus, or macular degeneration
- Not pregnant nor nursing (for women)
- The desire to have better vision without needing to be so reliant on corrective eyewear
Appropriate candidates can expect significant improvements in their vision. Interested in learning more? Call Brookleigh Family Eyecare at (770) 515-9393 to schedule a LASIK consultation today!